I thought I might kick off the blog with a list! Although I have many favourite books, I have narrowed it down to five (let me tell you now, it was hard to pick just five!)
- Anne of Green Gables. To be completely honest, Anne has always been the most relatable character for me, plus L.M. Montgomery’s wonderful writing abilities make reading this story so enjoyable.
- The Hiding Place. This was one of the first books that got me interested in WW2 novels, especially true ones. Corrie offers many words of wisdom in this novel.
- The Hobbit! This was the first J.R.R. Tolkien book I read and I instantly loved it. Bilbo is the perfect little hero; loving adventure yet longing for home.
- All of the the Narnia books, but especially The Horse and His Boy. Being an avid horse lover (and rider) myself, the idea of meeting a talking horse ran wild in the mind of a younger me. I’m still searching for a magical wardrobe like Lucy though…
- The Story of Babar. If you haven’t read this children’s picture book, go do so now. It is simply heartwarming and the illustrations are lovely.
Well, there you have it folks. I hope you’ll check out some of these books, or if you want to share some of your favs, do so in the comments!