Helloooo! Okay, guys, I’m starting a new series where I list my top five faves in a given category. And I totally welcome you to join me! There is how it’s going to happen:
- June 30 is Historical Fiction. List five of your most favourite historical fiction novels!
- July 7 is Fantasy. Which five are your faves!?
- July 14 will be Classics.
- July 21 is going to be YA Lit. So, it doesn’t matter which if it’s Fantasy, Contemporary, etc. as long as its YA.
- July 28 will be fave Non-fiction or Autobiography/biography reads.
Alright guys, lets get started!
So, I love Historical Fiction. It’s probably my favourite category of Literature. I literally just love imagining myself in a past world without technology or indoor plumbing. Am I weird? Probably…
Anyway, let’s get this list started.
1. The Lost Girl of Astor Street.
This is relatively unknown YA Historical Fiction novel, but guys, its really good! I highly recommend this book.
2. A Lantern in Her Hand.
If you ever feel like crying, read this book. Its so dang bittersweet. A simply breathtaking novel.
3. The Bronze Bow.
I was actually reluctant to start this one, because…well…I didn’t like the cover! But the story is surprisingly good. And I mean really good. It takes place around the time of Christ and it deals with a young man and his ill sister.
4. Number the Stars.
This is totally a must read for people of any age. I’m as captivated by it now as I was when I first read at age 10.
4. The Book Thief.
If you’re into the WW2 kind of Lit, you should give this one a go. It’s a story told by Death, so it has a really interesting perspective!
Wow, okay, so those are some of my fave Historical Fiction novels! I hope you enjoyed this list, and don’t forget to join next Friday for my Top Five Fantasy Faves.
What are your favourites? Let me know!
Until next time,